Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
About the client
Our client is the global provider of advisory, security, testing and product development services for new and innovative transaction technologies currently looking for a Sales Manager Products to join their team in Leiden and cover EMEA.
The Products department designs, develops and maintains tools for testing components and systems, such as, smartcards, point-of-sales terminals, ATMs, validators, host systems, switches, mobile devices, etc. across a range of industries: payment, mobile, ID management and transit. Our client’s tools are able to test products and or full ecosystems and ensure that a solution works according to the related standards and specifications. Besides development the team also delivers related technical consultancy to our customers worldwide.
The Sales Manager Products is assigned work within our client’s service line products and is responsible to manage the sales team and sell their standard and custom products within the region EMEA. You have a good understanding of the needs of our client’s customers, in-depth knowledge about the way they are developing their products and the way we position them in the market.
One of the main goals for the Sales Manager Products is to grow and strengthen the sales activities and local recognition throughout the EMEA region for the entire Products portfolio. Next to this you are expected to build and maintain a network within the ecosystem such as with the banks, mobile network operators, governing bodies, regulators and other related organizations.
As Sales Manager Products you will work in an international and commercial environment, cooperating with sales staff, experts and product developers from offices in EMEA (Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, Dubai and South Africa) and other colleagues located in the other offices across the globe.
You combine your knowledge, enthusiasm and ambition to explore the market for new customers and partners as well as strengthening relationships with existing ones.
To achieve your targets, you will collaborate with your sales team, delivery managers, consultants, developers and others who provide sales support and interact with clients.
This position has direct reports. The Sales Manager Products is responsible for coaching and advising the EMEA product sales team and work with the regional marketing team. You are the go to person for your sales team and have the drive to make them successful. You are a leader and a team player that communicates well and has a drive to further develop both your team as well as your own competences.
- To be responsible for achieving the sales’ targets and goals of the EMEA Region for the Products Department
- To visit customers throughout the region to provide specific expertise and support and close the deal
- Act as Thought Leader towards clients;Direct business development towards clients, especially clients within the products portfolio
- To lead commercial proposal and contract generation and ensure it bring a strong value-proposition to the clients
- To work closely with marketing on sales activities and introduce new services/offerings to existing and new customers
- Work closely with regulators, agents, sales team in the region; represent our client at trade shows, trade association meetings and other events as needed
- Grow your and your team’s competences
- Create a successful and sustainable team culture
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work and live in the Netherlands;
- Degree holder with a minimum of five years’ experience related to Sales’ position, preferably within smart card, payment and/or security industry;
- Well-connected in Europe, mainly with the local payments industry stakeholders;
- Excellent in English (writing and speaking), another language is a plus;
- Self-starter with good listening skills and strong public speaker skills; be able to use leading and probing questions to provide positive feedback;
- A ‘hands-on’ mentality and approach of working;Attentive to detail and structure;
- Strong coaching skills and leadership abilities towards multiple teams (commercial, development and marketing);
- Excellent communication and advisory skills in word and writing to be used in communication with internally and with customers worldwide;
- Flexible in travelling internationally;
- Good reporting capabilities, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Oracle are a plus;
- Experience-in or understanding-of one or more of areas such as software engineering, release management, version control, Java, XML, C#, C++, smartcards, secure systems, payment network protocols is to your advantage.