Location: Berlin, Germany
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Client
Insurtech is becoming the trend tech! Our client is a start-up building a number of new technologies to enhance the way the German and wider market does Insurance! The start-up itself is still yet to go live, so if you are up for a challenge aside from the traditional insurance companies, then this is for you! The company is heavily backed by fintech entrepreneurs and leading insurance experts.
About the role
This start-up is searching for a Head of Risk Management to be responsible for setting up, managing and implementing the central risk management function that the company operates and abides by. This is considered a key function, in line with Solvency II. For this position you have to have worked previously in the German insurance market and therefore be used to reporting in a timely manner to the German supervisory authorities, as well European authorities. Therefore, critical risks need to be reported fully and effectively – all the while keeping ORSA in mind. Given the new kind of environemnt, for this role you need to have strong initiative and be willing / used to working in a cross-functional environment
Key Questions to ask yourself?
- What has been the most efficient risk management system you have implemented / wanted to implement?
- What Risk strategies do you believe are most effective in an InsurTech environment compared to traditional insurance?
- Why would you want to move from traditional Insurance to Insurtech? What could you bring to the table – what ideas do you have?
Things to keep in mind
- Qualified education in the fields of risk management, finance and / or related fields;
- Have 3-5 years experience in the risk management of a property-casualty insurance;
- Solid understanding of Excel, SQL and other relevant programmes
- Speak fluent German and English