Location: London, UK
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
As the Payments Manager, you will be responsible for optimising the client’s payment flows for our product on web and mobile, with the primary objective of maximising paid conversions and retaining the client’s paid customers across the business. Our client has paying customers in over 150 countries (including very exotic ones like the Tuvalu islands) and is committed to provide them with the most satisfying, and optimum, payment experience possible. You will work within a close-knit team, delivering best in class payment flows for our worldwide user base of a more than 60 million people.
You will be passionate about online commerce and our users, as the customer is at the center of everything you do.
Main Task & Responsibilities
As a Payments Manager you’ll be managing all aspects of revenue collection on web and mobile including pricing, product mix, payment options, recurring payment optimization, refund and chargeback handling. You will be working closely with our development team in order to technically optimize existing payment gateways and implement new partners.
You will also have overall responsibility for the client’s our subscription management platform. Besides you will be managing our relationship and technical integration with our payment gateway partners such as Adyen, Allpago, PayPal.. You will stay abreast of the latest developments of each platform and continuously look for ways to improve our payment processing.
You’ll also identify and implement new web and mobile payment partners globally, with a special focus on emerging markets such as Turkey, China, Russia and LATAM. As Payments Manager, you will be working with our business intelligence team to define and measure success of the client’s paid conversion, managing chargebacks, refunds and implementing best-in-class practices to guarantee user satisfaction.
- Extensive experience in a similar role, ideally within a fast-growing e-commerce platform with high volume of transactions.
- Familiarity working closely with Adyen and Paypal platforms. Experience with Zuora or other subscription management platforms is a plus.
- Proven track record in global e-commerce business, across both web and mobile.
- Prior experience working across multiple languages, cultures, and currencies.
- Experience with international payment methods (local credit cards, bank transfers, etc.) for web and mobile on high volume platforms.
- Understanding of risk/fraud settings within payment gateway platforms and experience with optimizing chargebacks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (you love xls), experience with A/B and multivariate tests
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and optimization software such as Kissmetrics or Optimizely.
- Strong project management experience including planning, scheduling, prioritization, action item tracking and project communication.
- Proven track record of implementing payment gateways together with technical teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize work and focus on generating business results.
- Razor sharp intellect, coupled with sound judgment & decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science and/or finance.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options in a Series B funded company through a tax efficient EMI scheme.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Gym membership.
- Free breakfast and snacks.
- Free dinner if you need to stay late.
- Regular company trips (our last was to Mallorca) and evenings out in London.