Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Client
Our client specialises in multi-currency payments, credit card processing and the management of VAT refunds for tourists.
With its global headquarter in London and regional headquarters in Paris, Rome, Madrid, Munich, Shanghai, Singapore and Dublin, our client now operates in 31 countries and employs close to 700 people worldwide.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
To head up their regional team (2 FTE including this role and growing), the client is looking for a Regional Manager, focusing on the Frankfurt area and its touristic surroundings. The role is to further develop relationships with existing retailers, manage key account relationships and win new merchants in the shopping retail business.
As would be expected, a fair amount of time is spent within the region visiting customers and winning prospects. In addition, you will have local team responsibility to drive customer retention, growth and excellent service levels with our retail customers.
The role is home based, and you would be expected to be out in the field to a large extent. Our German Headquarters is based in Munich, Germany. You will be reporting to the Sales Director Germany.
- Target new business and win new merchants
- Visit key retail stores and ensure they have excellent knowledge of our business and service
- Manage your regional sales team with a strong results-oriented mind-set and rigour
- Hold regular training sessions
- Plan and execute trainings and marketing campaigns for key retailers
- Manage head office relationships to ensure development and growth of the business
- Manage services offered by refund agents on behalf of the company
- Produce and distribute statistics and information to Head Offices and stores in your region
- Work with partner companies to introduce complementary services
- Work as a brand ambassador with marketing and tourism bodies in your region
- Renegotiate agreements with existing customers, and win business with new stores
You will have business development and key account experience and bring the following skills and mindset:
- Be a self-starter, but able to work as part of a team
- An outstanding sales track record and ability to convince, sell and close
- Be confident and successful making cold calls and visits
- Be a relationship builder with strong service attitude
- Have excellent German communication and presentation skills; solid business English is required
- Experience in leading teams
- Be comfortable dealing at all levels in an organization, including Finance Directors, Managing Directors and Retail Directors with a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Knowledge and ties into the local retail landscape is a plus
- Experience in electronic payment solutions /ePOS / POS is a plus
- University degree
- A strong entrepreneurial team, a leading value proposition, and a non-bureaucratic international, fast paced work environment
- Very competitive compensation package
- Premium brand company car
- Ability to work with leading international brands