Location: Berlin, Germany
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Client
Insurtech is becoming the trend tech! Our client is a start-up building a number of new technologies to enhance the way the German and wider market does Insurance! The start-up itself is still yet to go live, so if you are up for a challenge aside from the traditional insurance companies, then this is for you! The company is heavily backed by fintech entrepreneurs and leading insurance experts.
About the role
This start-up is searching for a Senior Underwriter who will be helping to develop a number of products which will be laid out to the market once the company goes live. With your in depth knowledge of the German Insurance market, you will be expected to compile product descriptions currently on offer and understand their respective insurance conditions, with the view to develop innovative new products. As you can see this company finds it pivotal that all information is necessary for effective risk assessment. You will be able to develop the product by using your findings with actuarial and data science analysis, understand the loss and risk experience as well as keep up to date with the legal requirements in this space. All the while you be expected to monitor and maintain the products, with a view to limit damage prevention and maximise efficient processes for risk assessment and risk acceptance.
Key Questions to ask yourself?
- What products have you previously worked with and what did you like/not like about them?
- What new products would you want to see in the industry?
- How would you develop them?
- This role will be focussed on loss insurance – how do products differ for you between industries?
- How conservative / risk minded are you when underwriting?
- Can you give an example of the highest ranked risk case you have underwritten?
Things to keep in mind
- Qualified education in the fields of risk management, finance and / or related fields;
- Have 3-5 years experience in the risk management of a property-casualty insurance for private customers;
- Solid understanding of Excel, SQL and other relevant programmes