Location: Amsterdam, The Netherland
Salary / Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. They continually strive to give every client a voice and listen and respond to their needs. With a focus on innovation, new product development and enhancements, they are positioned to help their clients be more competitive and address their business challenges and strategic goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Systems Programmer performs system development, Operating Systems level scripting and provides support for other departments within the organization. The position must also support client requests in an operational nature which includes custom design and solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Is responsible for development, primarily in the form of utilities, shell scripts and general Operating system support.
- Helps clients design and implement operational procedures and automation utilities.
- Supports internal database deployment tasks and resolves problems as they arise.
- Helps document installation procedures for products to be distributed to clients
- Implements and tests 3rd party system management tools and works on integrating them, documenting the procedures, and managing the certification process if necessary.
- Participates in client operational audits and documents the findings in standardized reports. If needed manages any follow up work that may result from the work.
- Acts as a secondary backup to the senior analyst in case any support issues arise.
- Participates in activities that will advance self and the company, i.e., actively recruits for the company; acts in a manner that is professional and representative of the company.
- Is responsible for proactively documenting all work and work flows; regularly transfers knowledge to peers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as required.
scripting languages such as korn shell, bash, perl, etc…
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in system programming in UNIX; S390 experience is a plus.
- Experience programming in C/C++, and UNIX shells.
- Working knowledge of the following platforms is desired: AIX, Linux, Solaris; HP is a plus
- Oracle 10g installation and database configuration
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Must have the ability to be at a computer/computer screen for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to communicate, both orally and written, with other members of team and client.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision; must be proactive in style.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, detail, correctness and deadlines.
- Must have the proven ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have ability to travel as needed (includes international travel).
- Must have expertise in Microsoft Word or a related software package including Excel.